Based on Section 16 of the Local Government Code, every local government unit shall exercise the powers expresly granted, those necessarily implied there from, as well as powers necessary, appropriate, orincidental for its efficient and effective governance, and those which are essential to the promotion of the general welfare. Within their respective territorial jurisdictions, local government units shall ensure and spport, among other things, the preservation and enrichment of culture, promote healthy and safety, enhance the right of the people to a balanced ecology, encourage and support the development of appropriate and self-reliant scientific and technological capablilities, improve public morals, enhance economic prosperity and social justice, promote full employment among their residents, maintain peace and order, and preserve the comfort and convenience of their inhabitants.
Further, under Section 17 of the same code, local government units shall endeavor to be self-reliant and shall continue exercising the powers and discharging the duties and functions currentkly vested upon them. THey shall also discharge the functions and responsibilities of national agencies and offices devolved to them pursuant to this Code. Local government units shall likewise exercise such other powers and discharge such other functions and responsibilities as are necessary, appropriate, or incidental to efficient and effective provision of the basic services and facilities enumerated herin
For the Province, basic services and facilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Agricultural extension and on-site research services and facilities which include the prevention and control of plant and animal pests and diseases; diary farms, livestock markets, animal breeding stations, and artificial insemination centers; and assistance in the organization of farmers’ and fishermen’s cooperatives and other collective organizations, as well as the transfer of appropriate technology;
- Industrial research and development services, as well as the transfer of appropriate technology;
- Pursuant to national policies and subject to supervision, control and review of the DENR, enforcement of forestry laws limited to community-based forestry projects, population control law, smallscale mining law, and other laws on the protection of the environment and mini-hydro electric projects for local purposes;
- Subject to the provisions of Title Five, Book I of this Code, health services which include hospitals and other tertiary health services;
- Social welfare services which include programs and projects on rebel returnees and evacuees; relief operations; and population development services;
- Provincial buildings, provincial jails, freedom parks and other public assembly areas, and other similar facilities;
- Infrastructure facilities intended to service the needs of the residents of the province and which are funded out of provincial funds including, but not limited to, provincial roads and bridges; inter-municipal waterworks, drainage and sewerage, flood control, and irrigation systems; reclamation projects; and similar facilities;
- Programs and projects for low-cost housing and other mass dwellings, except those funded by the Social Security System (SSS), Government Service Insurance System (GSIS), and the Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF): Provided, That national funds for these programs and projects shall be equitably allocated among the regions in proportion to the ratio of the homeless to the population;
- Investment support services, including access to credit financing;
- Upgrading and modernization of tax information and collection services through the use of computer hardware and software and other means;
- Inter-municipal telecommunications services, subject to national policy guidelines; and
- Tourism development and promotion programs;
“Aurora is the premier Green Agro- tourism and investment destination with sustained Biodiversity in Central Luzon driven by Good Governance and inhabited by Resilient and Empowered Citizenry by 2030.”
- To realize an integrated green agro- tourism and investment development involving people’s active participation.
- To conserve Province’s biodiversity through sustainable management of environment and natural resources.
- To enhance service delivery mechanism towards resilient and empowered human resources.
- To implement a system of inclusive, accountable and transparent governance that recognizes the socio- cultural rights along with the economic needs of the people.
- To promote green innovation, business friendly- environment, economic excellence ans global competitiveness.
- To establish support infrastructure, facilities and utilities.