The Public Affairs & Information Assistance Division under the Office of the Governor is mandated to develop plans and strategies particularly those which have to do with the community and research data to support programs which the Governor is empowered to implement. Be in the frontline in providing information during and in the aftermath of man – made and natural calamities and disasters to help minimize injuries and casualties during and after the emergency and to help accelerate relief and rehabilitation.
It is also tasked to coordinate with the Office of the National Commission on Indigenous People, the leader of various cultural minorities, and religious and civic organization to ensure effective feedbacks.
We commit to be instrumental in the effective delivery of information to the people of Aurora through the use of Tri – Media and be a partner in informing the public of the progress and development agenda of the province.
Establish and maintain a progressive province through effective and efficient governance with innovative and pro – active development administration that provides sufficient infrastructure network to enable the free flow of goods and services, reliable transportation system and safe and peaceful environment to empowered citizenry.
- Develop plans and strategies particularly those which have to do with the Community and Research Data to support programs and objectives which the Governor is empowered to implement.
- Be in the frontline in providing information during and in the aftermath of the man-made and natural calamities and to facilitate information dissemination, to help minimize injuries and casualties during and after the emergency and to accelerate relief and rehabilitation.
- To provide relevant, adequate, and timely information to the local government and its residents.
- To enrich the cultural heritage passed on to us by our ancestors through researches.
- To encourage support for the progressive programs of the local and national government.
- Production of the official publication of the province circulated province-wide;
- Photo/Video coverage of important events of the provincial government;
- Coordination with different radio stations and media groups for speedy information dissemination; and
- Social media accounts postings
Frontline Services Offered
Assistance to government and private researchers as to important matter regarding the province.
Provision of photo or video coverage to other government institutions as per request approved by the Chief Executive.
How to Avail of the Services
Who may avail of the service?
- Government personnel, Private Organizations, Non-government Organizations and Students with request approved by the Chief Executive or by the Provincial Administrator.
|Step||Duration||Responsible Person||Fees (if any)|
|Presentation of approved request||Receiving Section||None|
|Confirmation and approval||1 minute||Mr. Norlito Q. Cruz||None|
|Provision of documents/data needed to be researched||3 minutes||PAIAD Staff||None|
Who may avail of the service?
- Government and private individuals with written request duly approved by the Chief Executive or by the Provincial Administrator.
|Step||Duration||Responsible Person||Fees (if any)|
|Presentation of approved request||Receiving section||None|
|Confirmation and approval||1 minute||Mr. Norlito Q. Cruz||None|
|Schedule/tasking of personnel||2 minutes||Mr. Norlito Q. Cruz||None|
|Preparation of materials and equipment||5 minutes||PAIAD Staff||None|
Projects, Programs and Activities
- Provincial Newsletter – provides information on the development programs of the Provincial Government of Aurora and other agencies through a quarterly publication
- Provincial Radio Program – provides information on all development programs, notices/announcements and other important information from Provincial Government of Aurora and different agencies through a weekly radio program
The Public Information Office was a section under Provincial Law Enforcement and Communication System (PLECS) of the Office of the Governor headed by the appointed Public Information Officer Rogelio R. Querijero during the administration of Governor Luis S. Etcubañez. In 1985, the position of Information Writer was created and was assumed by Mr. Norlito Q. Cruz under the same office.
When Atty. Isaias M. Noveras, Sr. assumed the office as Governor of the province through succession from Governor Etcubañez, who was then appointed as Assemblyman, initiated the re-organization of the whole provincial government offices in 1985. As a result, the position of Senior Community Affairs Officer was created and later assumed by Mr. Querijero in September 01, 1986 under the then appointed OIC Governor Victor G. Bitong. Community Affairs Officer position was also created and assumed by Benigno Laureta. In 1988, Mr. Querijero vacated the position. During the Administration of Gov. Eunice G. Cucueco, Ms. Cristina G. Gonzales took the position temporarily.
In October 01, 1989 by virtue of the RA 6758 in conformity with the classification standard prescribed by Department of Budget Management (DBM) as implemented by the then Joint Commission on Local Government Personnel Administration, the position of Senior Community Affairs Officer was reclassified and was changed to Community Affairs Officer II (CAO II); Community Affairs Officer was changed to Community Affairs Officer I (CAO I) and the Information Writer position was changed to Information Officer I.
In June 08, 1990, Ms. Mirasol E. Reyes was appointed to the position of Community Affairs Officer I. Ms. Cristina G. Gonzales was appointed to the position of Community Affairs Officer II in May 02, 1994. In 1994, Mr. Cruz was appointed OIC –CAO II while Ms. Gonzales was on official leave of absence until her resignation on February 26, 1996. It was April 01, 2000 when Mr. Cruz was promoted to the position of CAO II.
In June 01, 1996, the position of Utility I was created and assumed by Mr. Frederick G. Olivar. By virtue of DBM Budget Circular #3 s. 2004, conversion of positions was implemented. The Utility I position was changed to Administrative Aide I and at the same time the vacant position Information Officer I was changed to Administrative Officer II. It was in May 16, 2005 when Ms. Sherylle Bernadette H. Natividad was appointed to the position of Administrative Officer II. Year 2014 month of December, Ms. Mirasol E. Reyes retired her post. By July 1, 2016, Mr. Windale P. Merto was appointed to the position of Community Affairs Officer I. The Public Affairs and the Information Assistance was merged into a division which later called Public Affairs and Information Assistance Division under the Office of the Provincial Governor.
- 1985 – Mr. Rogelio Querijero spearheaded the production of Bukang Liwayway, the first official newsletter of the province circulated provincewide, featuring accomplishments undertaken by the different agencies and offices of the province during the administration of Gov. Isaias M. Noveras, Sr. and Gov. Victor G. Bitong.
- 1987 – Production of the first video-travelogue of the province entitled “Aurora” during the administration of Gov. Eunice G. Cucueco, featuring the province’s economic activities, tourist spots, major projects and programs, industries and the way of living of Aurora folks. The travelogue was featured in PTV Channel 4 which greatly contributed to the promotion of the province. It was then that Aurora was fully recognized and introduced as an independent province separated from the Province of Quezon.
- 1993 – Another newsletter, the Tinig ng Aurora, was launched and circulated throughout the province during Gov. Edgardo L. Ong’s term. It featured and promoted the different social and economic activities of the provincial government bringing greater accessibility to information.
- 1995 – To strengthen the delivery of information to its constituents, the first official radio program of the province, the “Tinig ng Aurora sa Himpapawid,” was launched by the office during Gov. Ongs’ term of office, aired once a month over the local radio station DZJO-FM
- 2002 – The office re-launched the “Tinig ng Aurora sa Himpapawid” which became a regular weekly radio program featuring development activities of the provincial government aired at DZJO-FM. Another radio program, “Unlad Aurora” was also launched at local radio station MBC Radyo Natin during Gov. Ramoncita P. Ong’s administration.
- 2005 – Started preparing news articles/press releases for local print (WTR and NBA) and broadcast media Radyo-Natin and DZJO about projects and programs of the provincial government under the administration of Gov. Bellaflor J. Angara-Castillo. It was also in the same year when PAIAD started to facilitate photo coverage. By year 2006, PAIAD was able to document important events through video coverage. Since then, the office has been able to facilitate 583 photos and 229 video documentations of important events, official functions of the Governor, congressman, Senator and other requesting offices (2005-2012). The office was also able to coordinate with different radio stations and media groups for speedy info-dissemination. Moreover, the office became a member of the CPC 6 – United Nations Children’s Fund Program handling the Communication Sector of the project in the province and member of the Gawad Punong Lalawigan para sa Kapaligiran Search Committee.
- 2008 – The official newsletter entitled Ang Bagong Aurora was launched in October 2008. Since then, it has been circulated by the office every quarter in the province and nationwide. News articles and/or press releases about the activities/programs/projects/accomplishments of different offices were made, edited, collected, and published. The newsletter has been able to produce 1,500 copies quarterly since then.
- 2009 – Compilation of news clippings (national broadsheets only) about Aurora Province, Gov. Bella Angara-Castillo, Cong. Sonny Angara, Sen. Ed Angara and others (e.g. RH Bill, DepEd, Sex Ed., Ched, TESDA, GSIS, PhilHealth, BIR, SSS, Health, Civil Service, Comelec, Agriculture, Senior Citizen, A Law each day, Bills, Laws, Right of a Child, Women’s Right, Commission on Human Rights, breastfeeding, UNICEF). A total of 5,689 news articles were compiled from year 2009 to 2012.
- 2010 – The office was designated as the e-Village Text Center Administrator in October 2010.
- 2011 – Assisted in the conduct of validation of 4Ps beneficiaries at six (6) barangays in Casiguran, Aurora. (Lual, Marikit, Calangcuasan, Tinib, Calabgan, Ditinagyan)
- 2012 – The “Comedia sa Buhangin at ang May-akda,” a research conducted by PAIAD, became one of the bases of a comprehensive research for a book conducted by U.P. team headed by Dean Virgilio S. Almario, College of Arts and Letters, UP Diliman, Quezon City as commissioned by Senator Angara. In November, PAIAD became a Member of the Central Luzon Media Association Region 3.
- 2013 – Ang Bagong Aurora newsletter was published until June 2013.
- 2014 – In February 2014, Ganito sa Aurora Ngayon radio program was aired through DZJO FM. September 2014, the Aurora Bukang Liwayway was launched.
- 2015 – Aurora Bukang Liwayway Ganito sa Aurora Ngayon
- 2016 – Ganito sa Aurora Ngayon radio program was aired through DZJO FM and Radyo Natin Baler.
- 2017 – Conducted the Basic News writing and Basic Photography Seminar for information officers of provincial offices.
- 2018 – The radio program Ganito sa Aurora Ngayon aired from January to March 2018. Aurora Bukang Liwayway issue of January to March 2018 was published. By April to December 2018, the provincial newsletter was named Sulong AuroRA while the provincial radio program was named Sulong AuroRA by the then Acting Governor Rommel Rico T. Angara.
- 2019 – Ganito sa Aurora Ngayon radio program was aired again on April 2019 to date. Aurora Bukang Liwayway was published quarterly.
Some of the research/updates conducted as to historical, cultural and social aspects of the province were:
- Casiguran sa Kasaysayan ng Pilipinas (Ang Pagkakadakip kay Aguinaldo)
- Comedia sa Casiguran and Its Author
- Holy Week in Casiguran
- Sulyap sa Sariling Talambuhay ni Pangulong Manuel L. Quezon
- Kasaysayan ng Patron Sta. Isabel
- Putok sa Dikaloyungan
- Mga Salitang Baler – Pagpapahalaga sa Sariling Uri ng Salitang mula pa sa Ating mga Ninuno
- The Lordly Balete Tree
- Mga Ginampanan ng 205th Guerilla Squadron
- Brief Historical Background of Tribal Groups in Aurora
- Kasaysayan ng Comedia sa Buhangin
Special Program: 6thCountry Program for Children (CPC 6) Communication Sector Implementer
Advocacy for policy, implementation and resource allocation
- Seminar on Child Participation
- Echo-Training Seminar in Child Participation (October 24 to 26, 2006)
- “Abot-Kamay: Reaching the Unreached through the Capacity Building of Local Communication Task Forces (Making use of Participatory Methodologies in Communicating Childrens’ Rights)”
- Building Alliance to Combat Child Pornography Seminar
- Community Educators’ Training on Anti-Child Trafficking
Media Advocacy and Mobilization
- Trainors Training Seminar on Child-Sensitive Journalism
- Echo Training Seminar for Local Media men on DOJ Media Guidelines
- Content Analysis Monitoring of local newsprints
- Harnessing IEC processes for child, family, and community empowerment
- Production of IEC Materials (Tarpaulins) on the 24 Child-Friendly Movement Goals to raise awareness towards the CFM
- Participatory community media to facilitate behavior change.
- Identification and needs Assessment of various youth organizations
- Focus group discussion for parents
- Profiling of indigenous children in Aurora
- Mobilikula or film-viewing on the Rights of the Child
- Art camp for IP children
- Documentation of IP health practices
- Conduct regular monitoring of child friendliness using the content analysis protocol
- Media orientation and press conference
- Assisted in the yearly Aurora Day Celebration as Coverage and Documentation Committee.
- Member of the Search Committee for the Most Child-Friendly Sanggunian
- Member of the Search Committee for the Most Child-Friendly Municipality
- Member of the Search Committee for Gawad Punong Lalawigan para sa Kapaligiran
- PCPC and GAD Technical Working Group member
- Opened office Facebook account (paiad-pgo) and email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) for info-dissemination (e.g. posting of all articles pertaining to Aurora, national issues and important announcements/photos)
|Mailing Address||Public Affairs and Information Assistance Division|
Office of the Governor, Provincial Government of Aurora
2nd, Floor, Provincial Capitol,
Brgy. Suklayin, Baler, Aurora,