The Provincial Budget Office has been working hand-in-hand both among departments within the Provincial Government and with external stakeholders towards the betterment of the Province of Aurora. It has proven itself instrumental as it effectively manages expenditures and ensures accountable allocation of public funds while keeping a long-standing culture of transparency.
We at the Provincial Budget Office recognize the importance of our role to elevate the quality of life of every constituents of Aurora Province. With this, we uphold ourselves with the highest level of accountability in line with the vision of the Provincial Government.
The Provincial Budget Office pledges to steadfastly work for the realization of the visions and aspirations of the Provincial Government; to execute each task with the utmost level of integrity and professionalism, and to always have the public’s interest in our hearts and minds with all honesty and dedication to the good people of the Province of Aurora.Jay M. Ong
OIC-Provincial Budget Office
The Provincial Budget Office shall lead public expenditure management to ensure equitable, prudent, transparent and accountable allocation of the use of public funds to improve the quality of life of every constituents of Aurora Province.
The Provincial Budget Office strives to be an organization:
- That works for the realization of the visions and aspirations of the Provincial Government;
- That makes the functions, organizations, systems and processes in the Provincial Government more relevant and responsive to its developmental needs;
- That ensures the effective allocation and management of government resources; and
- Where the virtues of honesty, creativity and nationalism are valued and promoted.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
Pursuant to the provisions of RA 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of the Philippines, the Budget Officer shall take charge of the Budget Office and shall:
- Prepare forms, orders, and circulars embodying instructions on budgetary and appropriation matters for the signature of the governor or mayor, as the case may be;
- Review and consolidate the budget proposals of different departments and offices of the local government unit;
- Assist the governor or mayor, as the case may be, in the preparation of the budget and during budget hearings;
- Study and evaluate budgetary implications of proposed legislation and submit comments and recommendations thereon;
- Submit periodic budgetary reports to the Department of Budget and Management;
- Coordinate with the treasurer, accountant, and the planning and development coordinator for the purpose of budgeting;
- Assist the Sanggunian concerned in reviewing the approved budgets of component local government units;
- Coordinate with the planning and development coordinator in the formulation of the local government unit development plan; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
List and Brief Description of Projects, Programs and Services
- Issue budget call
- Conduct budget forum
- Consolidate and submit budget proposals
- Prepare the LEP and BESF
- Prepare budget message
- Submit Executive budget to the Sangguniang Panlalawigan
Preview and consolidate budget proposals for annual budget, supplemental budgets under the General Fund and Special Education Funds and made coordination with thee Provincial Treasurer. The Provincial Accountant and the Provincial Planning and Development Coordinator for the purpose of budgeting. Assist in the conduct of budget hearings on budget proposals submitted by department head and render assistance to the LCE in the preparation of the annual or supplemental budgets.
- Check the appropriation ordinance and budgetary requirements
- Check compliance with budgeting requirements and general limitations
- Check compliance with AIP
- Check for items that are prohibited by law
- Recommend/Evaluate the submitted budgets of the component municipalities
Render technical assistance to the Sangguniang Panlalawigan in the review of the annual and supplemental budgets of the eight (8) component municipalities of the of the Province and provide technical assistance in the preparation and implementation of municipal budgets.
Budget Execution and Accountability
- Prepare and release Local Budget Matrix and Allotment Release Order
- Record/Encode the approved budget in the registries of appropriations and allotments
- Facilitate processing of Obligation Requests
- Render technical advises/opinions to queries pertaining to fiscal administration
- Certify as to existence of appropriations
- Prepare and submit periodic reports
Maintain ledgers/registries of appropriations and allotments for each department. Render appropriate actions on requests for obligation of allotments; evaluate financial plans and requests for allotments; prepare local budget matrix, allotment release orders, guidelines, and regulations to implement local policy and national guidelines on the use of funds.
|Mailing Address||2nd Flr., Capitol Bldg., Capitol Compound,|
Brgy. Suklayin, Baler, Aurora
|Email Address||[email protected]|